OACB prides itself on being able to meet members' needs in a wide variety of specific technical assistance areas. All county board members and staff professionals may contact OACB to seek advice, learn about best practices, or simply ask questions about nearly every aspect of county board administration, governance, and service delivery.
The following represents a partial list of the many areas in which OACB's staff experts and consultants are able to provide advanced-level technical assistance for county boards of DD.
- Advocacy: Elected official outreach, policy input, administrative rule review, agency feedback, constituent services, data collection, and more.
- Communications: Press releases, media relations, crisis communications, organizational marketing, internal communications, social media, branding/advertising, open meetings/public records requirements, levy campaign information, information technology, websites, and more.
- Training: Board member in-services, staff professional in-services, Good Life Facilitator Training, Good Life Ally and Coach Series, and more.
- SSA and Waiver Administration: General service and support administration, major unusual incident (MUI), TCM billing, general waiver administration, provider relations, provider rating/search tools, provider certification, county board certification, guardianship issues, and more.
- Community Integration: Employment navigation, employment transition services, general community integration, employer relations, community provider relations, and more.
- Board Operations: Superintendent search, legal opinions, personnel policy, HIPAA regulations, job postings, strategic planning guidance, salary survey data, program review, fiscal management, organizational budgeting, compliance issues, and more.
Does your board need technical assistance in an area not referenced above? Contact Lana Beddoes (email@example.com) at 614-431-0616 to submit a request for follow-up. An OACB staff member will contact you concerning your issue as soon as possible.