- OACB Insider is a digest of news articles and clips from television, radio, and magazines/newspapers that discuss recent developments at county boards of DD in Ohio. Established in 2011, the Insider is most frequently distributed on a weekly to an audience that includes board members and staff of county boards of DD, system stakeholders, government officials, reporters, and members of the general public. Members can request a subscription to the OACB Insider by contacting Lora Morrison at email@example.com.
- OACB PolicyBrief is a members-only policy and advocacy digest containing proprietary policy analysis, calls to action, and other similar advocacy-related documents written by OACB staff. Established in 2012, PolicyBrief also contains links to key policy documents from state and federal government agencies and selected news articles that discuss the impact of policy decisions on the DD system. It is distributed to an audience of board members, advocacy chairs, superintendents, business managers, SSA directors, and public relations professionals at county boards of DD as well as all OACB Affiliate Members. Members can request a subscription to the OACB PolicyBrief by contacting Erich Bittner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SSA Today is a periodical specific to the interests and needs of service and support administrators at county boards of DD. Content includes rule and administrative updates, training opportunities, professional best practices, and more. This publication is sent automatically to all county board SSAs, SSA supervisors, SSA directors, and other key county board staff. For more information, send an email to Lisa Comes at email@example.com.
- Member Monthly is a monthly digest of association-related news for OACB members. This newsletter, which is distributed the first or second week of each month, includes updates on OACB staff and the board of trustees, upcoming trainings, statewide surveys, and monthly and quarterly member services reports. This publication is sent to board members, superintendents, key department heads, and affiliate members to demonstrate the benefits of OACB membership. Members can request a subscription to Member Monthly by contacting Lora Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Well-Being Connector is a publication specific to the interests and needs of county board staff members across the state whose primary responsibility is to support the health, safety, and well-being of people with developmental disabilities in our system. It’s a platform for sharing useful information, articles, resources, and training opportunities with Major Unusual Incident (MUI) contacts, investigative agents, and nurses, among others. This publication is sent on a quarterly basis. Members can request a subscription by contacting Willie Jones at email@example.com.
- The OACB Life Map is an informational guide for people with developmental disabilities, family members, policymakers, and other DD system stakeholders to learn how county boards of DD serve people with developmental disabilities in all life stages (birth to advanced age). Created in 2014, this document is now in its third edition (fourth printing), with county boards having distributed more than 30,000 copies across the state. To inquire about ordering hard copies of this document, please email Adam Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view an electronic version of the document, click here.
- The Board Member Reference Manual is a how-to guide for county board of DD members that covers responsibilities, best practices, and more. The annually updated document also contains valuable DD history and context in layman's terms. To learn more about this publication and access members-only download links, visit www.oacbdd.org/manual.