The Vision of the Association shall be:
"The Vision of the Ohio Association of County Boards - Serving People with Developmental Disabilities
is to enhance the lives of people with developmental disabilities."
The Mission of the Association shall be:
“To support County Boards of Developmental Disabilities in providing services and
supports to people with developmental disabilities.”
The Purposes of the Association shall be:
- To work for the interests of people with developmental disabilities in the State of Ohio.
- To work on behalf of and for the interests of County Boards of DD promoting effective and efficient management and administrative practices and services.
- To standardize, coordinate, simplify, and disseminate basic information to County Boards of DD and to assist in public relations efforts.
- To maintain, promote, and improve effective administrative capabilities of Board Members and Superintendents in the county board system through in-services, technical assistance, conferences, and research studies utilizing the most cost effective means.
- To monitor legislation at the State and National levels which affects persons with developmental disabilities and County Boards of DD and to advocate for their interests through efforts of interested citizens, other DD professionals, and lobbying.
- To act as an effective professional resource with the Governor's Office and all state agencies/departments and associations promoting the interests of County Boards of Developmental Disabilities.
- To collect, analyze, and report data to member County Boards of DD.
- To establish and coordinate specialized purchasing for services utilized and requested by our membership.
- To provide legal research and opinions for members of the OACB.