Save the Date / OACB 30th Annual Convention is December 3-5
OACB's 31st Annual Convention will take place this year from December 3-5 at the Hilton Columbus at Easton. As is customary, OACB will be conducting its annual organizational business - trustee elections, the Delegate Assembly, and our annual awards - during the event.
The annual Delegate Assembly offers an opportunity for OACB member boards to introduce resolutions to be considered by the full OACB membership for adoption. This year, the Annual Delegate Assembly will take place in the evening on Wednesday, December 3. If you would like to submit a delegate resolution for consideration at this year's delegate assembly, CLICK HERE. The deadline to submit resolutions is September 30, 2014.
Each year, a portion of the OACB Board of Trustees is up for election. This year, the following seats are up for consideration (current trustees for these positions are listed in parentheses):
- North East (Diane Roman Fusco, Cuyahoga DD)
- North West (Joseph Catalano, Wood DD)
- South East (Sky Gettys, Perry DD)
- West Central (Linda Lehman, Allen DD)
- Middle-Third Counties (Mike Thoroughman, Scioto DD)
- Statewide (Dean Fadel, Franklin DD)
With the exception of Sky Gettys, who has informed us he does not plan to run for re-election, all of the current trustees in these positions intend to seek re-election for another term. If you would like to run for a seat on the OACB Board of Trustees,
CLICK HERE to be taken to our nomination form. Nominations must be received NO LATER than November 7, 2014 to be included in the elections, which will take place at the Delegate Assembly on December 3.
Do you know someone who has had contributed a great deal to the advancement of our system? Nominate him or her for one of OACB's annual awards, which will be presented to worthy individuals during this year's convention. The following awards will be presented:
- Distinguished Service Award - CLICK HERE to learn more and submit a nomination.
- Kenneth Legats Award - CLICK HERE to learn more and submit a nomination.
- Betty Macintosh Award - CLICK HERE to learn more and/or submit a nomination.
The deadline for submitting nominations is by the close of business on September 30, 2014.
News and updates from Ohio's
88 County Boards of DD, delivered
straight to your inbox in an
easy-to-read digest format.